The Endless Possibilities of Spellbinders
There once was a crafter who loved Spellbinders dies. She loved their beautiful designs and intricate details. She wanted to collect every set. Sadly, her limited funds kept her from completing her Spellbinders dream of beautiful cards.....or did it.
Owning many die set does make card making an easy task. But what if you only have a handful of sets....or maybe only two sets. Fear not, you can still create beautiful cards with only a few dies. I am a HUGE believer that less is more. That less pushes and enhances creativity. In this workshop we will explore what you can do with just two die sets. You will be amazed with the result.
By the end of the workshop you will:
- Learn the basics of cutting with Spellbinders dies.
- Create simple, yet beautiful layered cards.
- Deconstruct your die-cuts and use the pieces.
- Learn how to use the dies for embossing and stenciling.
- Use your dies for partial cuts and base cards.
- Create 10 projects using the techniques we learn.
- Lesson One: In Lesson One we will learn the basics of Spellbinders cutting, storage and care. We will then use our two dies sets in the most traditional way. We will make a simple layered card. We will also explore ways to use dies that don't quite 'fit'.
- Lesson Two: In Lesson Two we will deconstruct our die-cuts and use the pieces instead of the whole. We will also create borders and frames with the dies.
- Lesson Three: In Lesson Three we will switch from die-cutting to stenciling and embossing.
- Lesson Four: In Lesson Four we will explore using the dies to create partial cuts. Finally we will use our dies to create a base card that will become a beautiful foundation for our projects.
“As always Jeri, your teaching skills excel. When you had perhaps one idea on how to begin the course we were asked to complete a pre-workshop survey. Upon completion of the surveys you realized that for the most part we were really all beginners (whether we had already collected several Spellbinders or not!) and set up the first lesson so we started with the very basic info. This is the sign of a truly excellent educator; one who reworks their lesson plans based on his/her students' needs. I have done some experimenting on my own, but due to some major physical issues haven't been able to sit (or stand) for long periods of time to complete each and every project (although I have watched each of the videos and taken additional notes). I appreciate the simple suggestions (I had NO IDEA that Post-It Notes came in full adhesive styles so OF COURSE I had to run out and get some!!) and the common sense approach that sometimes escapes us. Overthinking is something I'm guilty of and the ideas you shared made me sit back and look at my Spellbinders in a different way. When I purchase Spellbinders in the future I'll look at them differently and see how I can make them work with the ones I already own. A couple of other things that are important for beginner-level students is the fact that you allow us to print & save PDF files so we'll have them long-term for reference & as a refresher along with the ability to review the videos for a year so that we can become comfortable with the process before you send us on our way without the training wheels! ;-D My one "complaint" or "issue" about the class? It was WAY too short!!! LOL You are a truly gifted and thoughtful educator and take care of your students in every way, no matter what our learning styles may be. I look forward to many more presentations with you and the other instructors you find. Many, many blessings on your journey.” ~ Spellbinders Student
“Fabulous class...fabulous instructor! More, please.” ~ Spellbinders Student
“I love spellbinders and this class helped me learn to use the dies in ways I did not know. Jeri you are a wonderful instructor. Thank you for a wonderful class.” ~ Spellbinders Student
Workshop Start Date: Oct 2nd
Workshop Length: 4 Weeks
Classroom Access: Students will have unlimited access to the classroom for one year from the start date.