Everyone is using social media to connect with others these days. And that's exactly where you should be marketing your craft business, too! But with new social media platforms popping up all the time, how do you choose which ones to use? Where do you start? What should you post? And how do you fit this into your already busy day? Come join us for this jam-packed 4-week, 8-lesson workshop where Shirley and Jeri's will help you wade through the social media waters so you'll be ready to jump in the deep end with both feet!
Throughout the class, students will:
- Get a basic understanding of what marketing is.
- Learn how to define your target audience.
- Learn how to differentiate yourself from the competition.
- Learn how to create marketing goals.
- Learn about eight different social media platforms including Blogging, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, Linked In, Google +, and Newsletters.
- Learn how all social media platforms work together.
- Decide which social media platforms will be a good fit for your crafty business.
- Learn tips and how to advertise on several of the social media platforms.
- Learn to use several free social media tools for productivity and scheduling.
- Create an editorial calendar and learn to best organize your content and posting for success.
- Lesson 1: Marketing Overview, Defining Your Target Audience, Creating Marketing Goals, Current social Media Statistics
- Lesson 2: Blogging - Your Social Media Campaign Begins With the Blog, What and When to Post
- Lesson 3: Facebook - Personal Account vs Business Page, Posting, Advertising, Tracking and Analytics
- Lesson 3: Twitter - Pros and Cons, Hashtags, URL Shorteners, Intro to Twitter Tools
- Lesson 4: Pinterest - Personal vs Business Accounts, Profile, Pins, Boards, and Analytics
- Lesson 4: YouTube - Basics, Account Set Up, Uploading, Annotations, Basic SEO, Optimization, and Analytics
- Lesson 5: Linked In - Basics, Account, Settings, and Tips
- Lesson 5: Google + - Basics, Personal and Business Accounts
- Lesson 6: Productivity Tools - How they can help and which to use
- Lesson 7: Newsletters - What to Include, Growing Your List, Improve Open Rates
- Lesson 8: Organization, Scheduling, and More!
Workshop Start Date: October 29th
Workshop Length: 4 Weeks/8 Lessons
Classroom Access: Students will have unlimited access to the classroom for one year from the start date.