Welcome

We have moved! Check out our new blog: Everyday Moodlings.

Sunday, March 2, 2014

February 28th: Projects #17-20

Hey Fellow Crafters,

Here is this Friday's post.  It includes my Washi tape projects and color/watercolor pencils.  I learned a lot the past two weeks.  I learned that I have much to learn regarding color pencils.....much to learn.  I will definitely be checking out Marie Browning's classes for additional help.


Project #17: Note Card Using Washi Tape
This was a fun card to create.  I found many examples of artists using Washi tape to fill in cut-outs.  I already had the base card, which I cut out using my Cricut.


Supplies: Card stock, Cricut (base card), stamp (Club Scrap), Prima Flowers, ink and brad.

Project #18: Project Inspiration-Using Washi Tape
I also discovered that Washi tape embosses very nicely.  I realize now that the fact that some Washi tape is also transparent adds a nice touch this project.  After embossing the two almost become one.


Supplies:  Card Stock, Washi tape, embossing folder and ink.

Project #19: Project Inspiration-Color Pencils.....Epic Fall
I have always promised to show you the good, the bad and the ugly.  This is NOT good.  I have a set of soft lead Prisma color pencils.  They are supposed to blend quick nicely.  I don't know it it was my blending solution or the pencils.  The colors also seemed to get muddy the more I tried to blend them. UGG!



Take Two:  After doing a little research I discovered that Prisma also makes a colorless blending pencil.  I purchased one and the results were much improved.  I still have much to learn, but I am making progress.


Supplies: Color Pencils (Prisma), stamps (Tim Holtz), ink and card stock.

Project #19: Project Inspiration-Watercolor Pencils
This is my watercolor Project Inspiration ATC card.  My 1st ATC board is almost full and I love the way it looks. :)

Supplies: Card stock, stamps (Tim Holtz), watercolor pencils and ink.

Thanks for stopping by,
Jeri'


No comments:

Post a Comment